Friday, August 04, 2006

iN THE MAiL: WEAKENED IMMUNE SYSTEM

My name is Kim, I'm a certified massage therapist. I'm 41, non-smoker and non-drinker, but however, I have a lot of health problems. I have Allergies, Asthma, cancer (both kinds) diabetic, high blood pressure, arthritis. Without costing me a fortune, what could you recommend so I can get off all this medicine. I have found one product called waiora and it seems to help some. I'm what you call on a wing and prayer.


Dear Kim,

I am sorry, this really sounds like you have a lot of serious health problems. Although, your conditions don't seem to be caused by an unhealthy lifestyle, they may stem from a weak immune system that you may have inherited or been born with, or you may have been exposed to too many chemicals. I would not be surprised if you were on some sort of long-term medication while you were growing up. All these factors could weaken your immune system.

This is what I would suggest if I were in your situation:
First, I would start practicing Tai Chi. The Chinese have been practicing Tai Chi for thousands of years for its great effect on one’s general health. I know people who are coping with chronic illnesses and who started practicing Tai Chi and derived truly great benefits such as strengthening their immune systems. Many health problems are caused by a weak immune system. Once your immunity is strengthened, then you will feel that your body is beginning to heal itself.

Second, I would carefully design and schedule a healthy diet. You may need to consult an experienced and licensed nutritionist. A good diet should consist of less fat and sugar and be balanced in nutrition. A good diet will help you with your diabetes and allergies, even your arthritis. You must have already tested what kind of foods your body tolerates and not. Listen to your body and avoid those foods, at least until your body becomes stronger.

Third, I would try to slowly and carefully use natural medicines instead of chemical-based medications, if it is possible. That way you will reduce the pressure on your immune system and your liver, and you would be giving your body a chance to get stronger. Or at least try to use natural medicines to support your body's immune system while you are on medications.


Because some of your health problems are very serious, you still have to be on your physician's watch list and consult with your doctor before you decide to make any changes.

Yours and Dedicated to Your Health,

Dr. Zhang





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?