Tuesday, August 01, 2006

iN THE MAiL: HIGH BP DURING PREGNACY & BREAST-FEEDING

Hi,
I have high blood pressure since pregnant and giving birth of my third child 9 weeks ago. My last reading was 140/99. My question is can I take Blood Pressure Formula while nursing a baby?
Puji



Dear Puji,

Thanks for your question. I am happy to answer it. I have just returned from the AMNA Conference in Las Vegas and have just started checking my email, so sorry for the delay.

Your high blood pressure is one of several symptoms that often accompany pregnancy. Unfortunately, pregnancy-related high blood pressure may last for a while in some cases. The HERBALmax Blood Pressure formula is very safe and well-balanced, and there have not been any records of side effects in any of my patients’ cases.

I have patients who have taken the Blood Pressure formula during pregnancy and breast-feeding without any problems. However, like many herbal medications, the Blood Pressure formula has not been studied and analyzed for how much of herb’s potency will find its way into the milk after the mother has digested it. If you are taking the Blood Pressure formula while breast-feeding, I’d suggest that at least during the first couple of weeks you carefully monitor your baby's behavior to ensure that the baby's blood pressure is not affected.

Yours and Dedicated to Your Health,

Dr. Zhang





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?