Thursday, July 20, 2006

iN THE MAiL: HIGH CHOLESTEROL, WEIGHT LOSS & SKIN BREAK OUTS

I have a few questions...

First and foremost - I have high cholesterol (im only 26) So i take a daily fish oil and vitamin B complex along with a baby aspirin.

A friend of mine recently told me about the wonders of Apple cider vinegar tablets but I am wondering what the benefits are of taking them...

I have two important things I need to take care of - first of all i'm about 20 pounds over what would be healthy for my height and age - I would like to lose some weight... I am quite active and I eat well/healthy and I watch my portions.... I can't seem to lose weight very well. I'd like to take something in addition to my diet that would help me with this - But I am all about natural things only. I don't like artificial drugs or pills...

And secondly, I have always had bad skin. Breakouts, oily skin, etc - even with a healthy diet, I still break out. I have used proactive and its excellent but its expensive. Is there a supplement I could add to my diet that would help me with my breakouts?

I am moving abroad in a month so i dont want to take TOO much - if I could consolidate that would be great. I don't know how easily accessible these things are aboard, so I'd like to buy them now and take them with me... Hope to hear from you soon. Many thanks

Davina


Dear Davina,

High cholesterol is very rare for your age. People usually don't get high cholesterol until their 50s -- even with high cholesterol running in their families. So, your high cholesterol may be just a temporary symptom due to stress or improper diet. Break outs are usually a symptom of hormonal imbalance, it happens often in young age.

My suggestion is:

1. Watch your diet.

2. Stop eating sweets and fat (especially animal fat). Skip the cookies, chocolates, ice cream, the fat part of the meat, the butter, chips, all cheeses and dairy (except for non-fat yogurt), etc. Eat organic, lots of veggies and fruits. Eat fresh foods.

3. Stay active and exercise. Moderate exercise such as walking 45 minutes a day will be OK if you can keep it up daily.

4. Try to relax. Slow down. Take a moment to contemplate all things positive. Try yoga, you may find it a great idea. Almost every gym has yoga classes these days that are pretty affordable and there are hundreds of yoga studios all over too.

If you still can’t lose weight or lower your cholesterol, you may go to your doctor to check your thyroid hormones level, even if it is an unlikely problem.

Skin break outs are usually related to your hormones and age. You can take some herbs to clear your skin. Chinese herbs and Indian herbs, as well as others, may help. If you know any doctors who know their herbs well, go see them. Here at HERBALmax I have designed an herbal Acne Formula for skin break outs. It will clear up your skin. However, due to your young age, your break outs may appear yet again. After your skin clears up, you don't have to continue taking the formula. Though, you may still keep one bottle at home and should your skin breaks up again, you can take the herbs again right away to stop the breaking out. When you get a little older, your skin problem will subside. Cheers!

Yours and Dedicated to Your Health,

Dr. Zhang






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?