Thursday, July 20, 2006

iN THE MAiL: HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE

Thanks for your blog. I've had elevated blood pressure for a while now and am doing all I have found alternatively to lower it. The western docs want to put me right on BP med, of course. I'm resisting that.

What do you recommend for lowering BP? I have a friend who uses only Chinese herbs and I have not gone that route yet. Some while back I was going to Emperor's College for acupuncture, not for BP, and they were giving me various tonics for energy and my blood pressure rose. So I'm somewhat learning about Chinese herbals due to this experience. Thanks for your input. joyce m.



Dear Joyce,

I understand your concern. Many of my patients have the same fears of the side effects of conventional Western medicine blood pressure medications and refuse to take them. To be healthy, your blood pressure has to be in the lower-to-normal range (below 120/90 or ideally under 110/85 and over 90/60). High blood pressure could slowly cause internal organ damages and it can be very dangerous.

If you don't like to take pharmaceutical medications then I would recommend that you give Chinese herbs a try. Since the 1950s Chinese and other medical scientists from around the world have done many scientific studies to prove the effectiveness of Chinese herbs and herbal formulas for medical conditions such as high blood pressure. Also as many of you already know the Chinese have over five thousand years of history using herbs for their medicinal properties. When administered properly, Chinese herbs are very effective and safe.

You can try going to a Traditional Chinese medicine doctor near you and see what she or he can do for you. However, a lot of Chinese medicine practitioners offer most of their medicine in the form of herbal teas which can be a little hard and inconvenient to take long term. I designed
Dr. Zhang’s HERBALmax Blood Pressure Formula in capsule form to help my patients with high blood pressure. It is also the only herbal formula I know of that could drop high blood pressure down within 2-3 days with no side effects.

The causes for high blood pressure are very complicated, so there is no single medicine or herbal product on the market so far that can effectively lower every case of high blood pressure. My
Blood Pressure Formula comes in two sizes -- small and big -- so people may try the small bottle first and see if it works for them. If it does work for you and it lowers your high blood pressure within a few days, then you can continue taking the formula until your blood pressure gets normal. You can find more information about the Blood Pressure Formula on my website.

Yours and Dedicated to Your Health

Dr. Zhang





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?